October 12, 2011

If life gives you lemons...

 
- Lemonade -
 The thing that's the most dangerous is to not do anything. That's the worst possible thing you can do.

Three weeks ago, I attempted to make one of my dreams come true. It's a long shot, sure, but I'm hoping I hit it right on the money. All I had to do was to put a little something together, submit it, and see what happens. I put it off for the longest time for two main reasons -- I didn't think I'd make it and I didn't want to feel the pain of being rejected. AGAIN. I've attempted to do this in the past, you see. Back then, I was a little insecure (and a little embarrassed, to be honest  with you, to be attempting to do something like that) that even if I was thisclose to getting the job, I didn't even share that almost good news with anyone because I did not want to deal with telling them I actually didn't get it (in case I didn't.) And THAT, methinks, contributed to why I didn't get it. Get it?

You can just incorporate more of what you love into your everyday. And it makes the biggest difference in the world.

It's been two years since that debacle. Again, I found myself thinking about what the heck I was doing with my life and where this was all going career-wise. After asking myself what I really wanted to do, I ended up with the same answer. (Even if I thought I had accepted the fact that it wasn't meant to be.) So, I filled up on positive vibes, pushed out all the negativity and the doubts, and decided to give the lemons one more squeeze. 

If you've had an idea... If there's something you've always wanted to do. Now is the time to do it. Even if you think you don't have what it takes to do it. JUST DO IT.

That's exactly how I felt and that's exactly what I did. You see, I've always believed that in ten or twenty years, I'll probably regret the things that I didn't do more than the things that I did do. (Yes, I read that on a notebook cover somewhere.) But more importantly, I ACTUALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. Universe, I really want this to happen.

 Sometimes, there are things you love to do that you forget about. So put your energy in the things that you love. Put all the energy that you can into those things and see what happens.

For now, that's all I can really do anyway --- see what happens. That and hope I actually make some good lemonade this time around.

---
All quotes are from the documentary, Lemonade, which was created by Eric Proulx and directed by Marc Colucci. If you don't know what to do with your life, I suggest you start by watching this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment